My Side Of The Story

I have been doing a lot of thinking about what to do about this. I am including the Baltimore Beat article that was published this morning accusing me of shooting a fellow cop, and questioning if this was a race based issue. Please read below:Prez - Newspaper   I am here to tell you that I did in fact shoot a fellow officer. This article is asking the same question that the investigation is asking: if this was a raced based shooting, or if this was a deadly mistake. I am also going to answer this question. I did shoot another officer, but it was by mistake. I came around the corner, and I did not identify myself, like all of my training has taught me to do. Officer Waggoner also did not identify himself. I saw his gun raising, and I reacted by instinct, shooting him in what I believed at the time to be self defense. I want to defend myself in saying that this was a mistake, had nothing to do with race, but most importantly had nothing to do with anger. I was not in anyway acting on anger, when I fired my weapon. I am deeply upset that I made such a grave mistake, and I wish more than anything that I could take it back. But I can’t. What is important now is moving forward, and to start that process, I would like to extend my deepest apologies, and sympathy to the family that my actions affected.